It is safe to say that growing up, we weren’t really taught much about running a house or apartment on our own or what needs to be done. We only realize how little we know when we finally move into a place of our own because that’s when we realize that it is not an easy job to maintain a place of your own. It is a lot more than just paying your bills, doing chores and feeding yourself. You have to make a lot of smart decisions when it comes to spending, and then also handle maintenance as well.
Shopping for furniture and other items is fun, but you also need to take care of them as well, because if you don’t maintain them properly, they are going to get ugly and lose years off their original life. You can find a lot of good quality solid wood furniture Singapore around you both online and in stores. However, wood furniture, does require maintenance, and we’re going to run over some basic rules below.
- First of all, no matter how nice it may look, do not let your wooden furniture near direct sunlight. Sun damage causes the furniture to turn dull in appearance, cause cracks and look old a lot quicker.
- Similarly, avoid putting your furniture nears heaters, and other heating and cooling units since it causes the wood to shrink under pressure, which can result in cracks and weakening.
- Your wooden furniture does not need any extra oils or anything.
- At most, you can annually use a good quality wax. You can put on a thin layer over wood, and then buff it out and wait for it to dry according to the instruction manual. This will bring back some shine.
- Lastly, water won’t harm wooden furniture, in fact, it can be used to clean dirt off the furniture, followed by a dry cloth to prevent moisture.