There is no denying the beauty and elegance that comes with long hair. It is really versatile when it comes to styling because you can have long flowy locks, to tight braids, elegant hair knots and buns etc. A lot of us, myself included, as teenagers wanted to rebel against the idea of “traditional femininity” and kept our hair short on purpose.
Later on as adults we begin to understand that there is nothing wrong with embracing our femininity and now are comfortable with the color pink, and want to try growing our hair out. If you have never had long hair, then you’re probably not aware of what comes along with having long hair, so we are going to compile a list of things you need to know if you plan on growing your hair out.
- It is going to take a lot of time and patience. Long hair does not grow overnight. It will take months and even years to grow your hair from your current length to your desired length, especially if your current length is pretty short.
- Everyone’s hair growth differs. Some people grow their hair out faster while some people take a lot longer.
- You’re going to need to the right products. You want to get good hair growth Shampoo as well as a good serum. Weekly protein masks are also recommended.
- It is going to take a lot of investment. You need to get good products and have the discipline to use them regularly.
- Hair oil should be your new best friend. It is recommended to oil your hair at least once or twice a week.
- You need to get your hair trimmed after every 6 months. This is to avoid split ends, because when overlooked, they can cause a lot of damage to your hair, compromising on your length.